Leaders in Training
Leaders in Training
A three-week experience to cultivate the leadership skills of your older camper.
A three-week program for 15 and 16 year old’s interested in developing professional skills they can use for future employment in outdoor education and related fields. Learn new leadership skills through fun activities, in-depth conversations, and supervised placements with younger groups of Camp Mary Orton campers.
2024 Summer Camp Information is coming Soon!
Leaders in Training Registration will begin Q1 2024
Each camp includes the following:
- Group sessions with your learning cohort
- Learning and developing leadership skills
- Indoor climbing Wall, Giant’s Ladder, Ravine Crossing, Pamper Pole
- Outdoor Climbing Wall and Flying Squirrel
- Hiking and Creeking
- Team Building Activities
- Crafts and Games
- Bouldering Wall and Slackline
- ZipZone Adventure Park
- ZipZone Canopy Tour
- Supervised placements with younger groups
Leaders in TrainingAges 15-16
All activities listed above
ZipZone Adventure Park
Included for all participants
This self-guided obstacle course takes you through the trees along 5 trails with over 60 obstacles. It’s the largest forest climbing park in Central Ohio! Ages 7+
|June 12 – June 30th (M-F)
|July 10 – July 28th (M-F)
|Camp Mary Orton will be accepting registrations for Tours and Interviews from interested Leaders in Training from now through May 19th, 2023. to register for a tour or interview please click here.
2023 LIT PROGRAM Policies and INFORMATION
Unlike other CMO youth camp programs, Leaders in Training is not an open enrollment program due to the additional responsibilities expected of our LITs and the time they will spend supervised with younger campers. The steps for LIT registration are as follows:
- Once registration opens, visit our Active Works site and sign up for a LIT tour and interview. The Youth Camps Supervisor will call applicants to schedule interviews in the order registrations are received. Interviews will be scheduled beginning January 30.
- Our Youth Camps Supervisor will contact you and schedule a time to tour our facility and interview for the program. A questionnaire will also be emailed for the LIT candidate to fill out before the tour date. Following the tour, the camper will meet with the Youth Camps Supervisor.
- You will be contacted by Camp Mary Orton via email with a decision regarding your application to the LIT program. If an offer is made, the email will include a registration link.
- If accepted, you will have 72 hours to decide whether you would like to accept the offer.
- To accept the offer you will need to register your camper using the link provided. A non-refundable deposit of $150 towards the $850 is required to complete registration. The remaining balance of $700 is due by May 13, 2024.
Please note: An interview does not guarantee acceptance into the LIT program.
Help Our Community
Your financial gift helps us continue a legacy of providing education and personal growth for children on the beautiful grounds of Camp Mary Orton.